What is ISO 20000 ITSM – IT Service Management
ISO/IEC 20000 is the first worldwide standard specifically aimed at IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL from the Office of Government Commerce (OGC). ISO/IEC 20000 consists of two parts:
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 is the formal Specification and defines the requirements for an organisation to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality for its customers.
The scope includes:
- Requirements for a management system;
- Planning and implementing service management;
- Planning and implementing new or changed services;
- Service delivery process;
- Relationship processes;
- Resolution processes;
- Control processes; and
- Release processes.
ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 is the Code of Practice and describes the best practices for Service Management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1. The code of Practice will be of particular use to organisations preparing to be audited against ISO/IEC 20000 or planning service improvements.
Benefits of ISO / IEC 20000 certification
Implementation of ISO 20000 brings with it many benefits and advantages. These will of course differ from organization to organization. However, the following list is a pretty good representation of the common results:
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy.
- Creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Supports ‘interchanging’ of service providers and staff by virtue of the creation of inter-enterprise operational processes.
- Reduction of risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Through the creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major organizational changes.
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes
- mproved relationship between different departments via better defninition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals.
- Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.
How to achieve ISO / IEC 20000 Certificate – ISO / IEC 20000 standard implementation / Certification steps
Lakshy Management Consultant Pvt Ltd. offers a well defined and globally proven implementation methodology for ISO / IEC 20000 certification.
- Gap Analysis
- Awareness Training
- Documentation Design and finalization
- Internal Auditor Training and conduct of internal audit
- Management Review Meeting
- Review of Implementation
- Pre-assessment audit
- Stage 1 – certification audit
- Stage 2 – certification audit
- Award of ISO 27001 certification
- Continual improvement of the system through value added consulting and training services
What are the requirements of ISO 27001 standard ?
- Management Responsibility
- Requirements for a Management System Documentation Requirements
- Competence, Awareness & Training
- Planning and Implementing Plan, Implement, Monitor, Improve
- Service Management (Plan, Do, Check, Act)
- Planning and Implementing New
- Planning New Services or Changed Services
- Service Level Management
- Service Reporting
- Service Continuity & Availability
- Service Delivery Management Budget & Accounting for IT Services
- Capacity Management
- Information Security Management
- Business Relationship Process
- Relationship Process Supplier Management
- Incident Management
- Resolution Process Problem Management
- Configuration Management
- Control Process Change Management
- Release Process Release Management
What we offer in the field of ISO 20000 standard implementation and certification
As one of the largest ISO 20000 IT Service Management system certification consulting companies across the world with clients in more than 40 countries, our knowledge and experience of the standards is unsurpassed. We understand how to fully exploit the benefits of your IT service management system to ensure you unlock the true potential in your organization.
We provide unmatched expertise and technical competence to ensure that your ISO 20000 ITSM certification project adds value to your organization. We provide consulting, training, internal audits, pre assessment audits and facilitation during ISO 20000 certification audit.
We offer our global knowledge moulded locally to bring in the best results for our clients and partner their journey of standardization, compliance, growth, success and continual improvements.
Contact us now, to get your organization ISO 20000 certified in the most effective and efficient manner while realizing the true benefits of the certification using our specialized ISMS implementation methodology that is less time consuming, fast, easy to understand and implement, result oriented, time bound and cost effective. Get ISO / IEC 20000 certified now with us….